Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frugal: soft cheese

I got this recipe from Faith Archer's blog 'Much More with Less' and she got it from Ceri Jones' blog 'Natural Kitchen Adventures' (scroll down to find it).  It is a very easy way of making a soft cheese using natural yogurt.

I won't reproduce the ingredients or the method as it is only one click away.  Well worth a look.

I made this yesterday and it was dead easy.  The cheese that results is soft and fresh tasting and very delicious.  I wouldn't call it cream cheese because I used skimmed long life to make the yogurt but next time I will use full fat long life and see if it makes a difference.

Suffice it to say, as I said on my diary blog, I won't be buying much soft cheese from now on, I will be making it as it is so very easy and way more frugal than even the supermarket value soft cheese when I use my own home made yogurt.  Using supermarkey 'value' yogurt, it is still better value.

Now all I have to do is find out what to do with the whey!  I wondered about bunging it is my next bread dough.
Any ideas?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar