Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

An Early Morning Hike and a New Bike Rack

This morning I took Lula hiking on one of your favorite trails.  I didn't think it would be open, but I noticed the other day noticed that the driveway was no longer blocked off, as most of the others are.  There was only one other car parked in the lot when we arrived.  I made sure to leave very early in the morning.  We had the trail to ourselves.  It was glorious! 

California opened some of its beaches and state parks recently, but they will be closed again tomorrow.  (from what I understand.)  I brought my trusty mask that my friend made me.  Lula and I enjoyed the babbling brook,  fresh air, and the dense woods.  It felt incredible to be out in nature, on the trail.  Boy do I miss hiking! 

Today I bought a bike rack at our local bike shop, Canyon Bikes.  The owner installed it for me on my dad's Nissan.  I bought a lightweight used Schwinn bike that I've had my eye on to keep up at the cabin.  I have been wanting a sturdy rack like this for years, so I am really excited.  I also wanted to buy it from Sean, and not from a big box store.

I also purchased a bike pump.  It's handy to be able to keep air in your tires from home.  This one is easy to use, and it's well made. It's a Serfas floor pump.  I feel so relieved, now that I have it.  I used to walk or ride down the highway to the gas station when my tires needed air.  Now I am fully prepared.

Have you been able to ride your bike in this gorgeous weather?  I am so glad that we are still able to walk our dogs and take a bike ride.  It makes all the difference in my mental health.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear.  They are moderated.      

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar